West Bengal Board Exam Routine 2022 – Students can check West Bengal Board Exam Routine for class 10th (Madhyamik) and 12th (HS) here. The exam routine for Madhyamik is released by the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education, WBBSE, while for class 12th (HS) exam routine is released by the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education soon on their respective official website. Regular and External examinees of class 10th can check the exam routine at WBSSE while class 12th students can check at WBCHSE. West Bengal board is conducting class 12 exams from April 2 to 20, 2022. The exam date for class 10 will be announced soon. Scroll the page to get WB Board exam tentative routine 2022.
West Bengal Board Exam Routine 2022
West Bengal Board Examination for class 10th and class 12th is scheduled to start from March 2022. A complete exam routine including exam dates, availability of admit cards will be released by the respective board soon.
|Particulars||Class 10 Dates||Class 12 Dates|
|Release of time table||Jan 2022||01 Nov 2021|
|Exam start||Mar 2022||02-20 Apr 2022|
WB Class 10th Exam Routine 2022
WB Madhyamik (class 10th) Board examination routine for the year 2021-2022 does not release yet. Till then, students can refer to the tentative exam dates given below.
|Subjects||Tentative Exam Dates|
|First Languages *||2nd week of March 2022|
|Second Languages **||2nd week of March 2022|
|Geography||2nd week of March 2022|
|History||2nd week of March 2022|
|Mathematics||2nd week of March 2022|
|Life Science||3rd week of March 2022|
|Physical Science||3rd week of March 2022|
|Optional Elective Subjects||3rd week of March 2022|
WB Class 12th (HS) Exam Routine 2022
WB High School (class 12th) Board examination routine has been made available soon on the board’s website and the same is provided in the table below.
|Subject (Morning shift: From 12 noon to 3.15 pm)||Exam Date|
|Bengali (A), English (A), Hindi (A), Nepali (A), Urdu, Santhali, Odia, Telugu, Gujarati, Punjabi||02 April 2022|
|English (B), Bengali (B), Hindi (B), Nepali (B), Alternative English||04 April 2022|
|Healthcare, Automobile, Organised Retailing, Security, IT, and ITES – Vocational Subjects||05 April 2022|
|Biological Science, Business Studies, Political Science||06 April 2022|
|Mathematics, Psychology, Anthropology, Agronomy, History||08 April 2022|
|Computer Science, Modern Computer Application, Environmental Studies, Health & Physical Education, Music, Visual Arts||09 April 2022|
|Physics, Nutrition, Education, Accountancy||11 April 2022|
|Commercial Law and Preliminaries of Auditing, Philosophy, Sociology||13 April 2022|
|Chemistry, Economics, Journalism & Mass Communication, Sanskrit, Persian, Arabic, French||16 April 2022|
|Statistics, Geography, Costing & Taxation, Home Management & Family Resource Management||18 April 2022|
|Economics||20 April 2022|
Click Here to download WB HS Routine 2022.
Steps to Download WB Class 10th Exam Routine 2022
WB Madhyamik routine 2022 will be released online on the WBBSE official website soon. As soon it is available, students can follow the steps to download the Class 10th routine 2022.
1st Step: Visit the official website of WBBSE at wbbse.gov.in.
2nd Step: Then slightly scroll down the page to the “Board’s Notification” section.
3rd Step: A list of notifications with a link will be there in this section. Look for the “Madhyamik Exam Routine 2022” link and click on it.
4th Step: Simply, a pdf of the routine will be opened in a new tab. Take a look and click on the Save button to download a pdf.
Steps to Download WB Class 12th Exam Routine 2022
The exam routine of WB HS for class 12th will be released online on the WBCHSE board website soon. Students can follow the steps given below to check and download HS Exam Routine 2022.
1st Step: Go to the official board’s website at wbchse.nic.in.
2nd Step: Then click on the “Circulars/Notice” option under the “Home” sidebar.
3rd Step: A list of subjects of notification with a release date will be shown. Click on the “HS Routine 2022” Pdf logo to open the same.
4th Step: HS Routine 2022 will be opened in a pdf format. Students can check their exam date and can save it for review.
WB Board Exam 2022 Important Dates
All the important dates of the WB Board examination for class 10th (Madhyamik) and Class 12th (HS) are given below. These dates are tentative and based on the previous year’s exam routine.
|WB Board Exam 2022 Events||Important Dates|
|Release of Board Exam Routine||1st week of February 2022|
|Commencement of WB Madhyamik Theory Exam||2nd week of March 2022|
|Commencement of WB HS Theory Exam||3rd week of March 2022|
|Release of WB Board Exam Admit Card||4th week of February|
|Start of WB HS (class 12th) Practical Examination||2nd week of February 2022|
|Release of WB Madhyamik Exam Result||April/May 2022|
|Release of WB HS Exam Result||May 2022|
Important Points on WB Board Exam 2022
- The WB Madhyamik (class 10th) exam will be held in only one paper each day. The timings would be 11:45 a.m to 3:00 p.m each day. The first 15 minutes will be given to read the question paper.
- The WB HS (class 12th) exam timings would be from 10:00 a.m to 1:15 p.m (3 hours and 15 minutes). This extra 15 minutes will be given to read the question paper only.
- Madhyamik Examination of Music Vocal & Music Instrument will be for 2 hours and 15 minutes only for the theoretical portion. The venue, duration, and exam date of the practicals will be announced later
- Madhyamik Examination of Computer Application will be for 2 hours and 15 minutes only for the theory exam. Practical examination of this subject will be conducted by the respective school.
- Madhyamik Examination of Vocational Subjects (under NSQF projects) will be for 1 hour and 45 minutes for the theoretical exam. Practical examination will be taken by the respective school or Sector Skill Council.
- The HS Examination of Health & Physical Education, Visual Arts, Music, and Vocational Subjects will be of 2 hours duration only.
WB Board Syllabus 2022
The Government of West Bengal and School Education Department has decided to reduce the class 10th (Madhyamik) and Class 12th (HS) syllabus by 30-35% for the academic session 2021-2022. The reduced curriculum applies to every primary subject of class 10th and class 12th. The decision was made because the suspension of offline classes and online classes was not sufficient to complete the syllabus on time.
Preparation Tips for WB 10th Board Exam
- First, download the syllabus using the above link. Check the chapters that have been deducted from the syllabus of each subject and focus on the remaining ones.
- When you are done with the syllabus. Start practicing Model Question Papers. Solve question paper in a shift of 3-hours without break (as that in the final exam).
- Note down the unsolved question(s) from model papers and discuss with friends or subjects teachers.
- Your main focus should be covering the syllabus in January so you can have enough time for practical exam preparation.
- After practical examination, your priority should be revising old chapters from the textbooks you have been studying from.
- If you have made personal notes of each subject’s chapter then revise through them. But you don’t have notes then, revise through your teacher’s notes.
Preparation Tips for WB 12th Board Exam
- Download Class 12th syllabus from the given link first to get to know about the chapters coming in the final examination
- If you are less confident in a particular chapter or topic leave it for now and focus on the chapters with maximum weightage of marks. This will boost up your confidence.
- You should make a habit of notes of every chapter learned by yourself as it will be quite complex to figure out important topics from textbooks before the. Your notes will be helpful in that case.
- Solve as many as Previous Year or Model Question paper of WB HS examination. This will not only help in understanding the patterns but also the important chapter from which a maximum number of questions is being asked every year.
- For the practical examination reading books will be enough but you will also have to practice them especially for Computer Science, Computer Application, Visual Arts, Music, and Health & Physical Education.
- If any chapter is left and exams are about to start then don’t go for that chapter instead of revising prepared chapters. Follow this practice for each subject.
WB Board Supplementary Examination 2022
Students of class 10th (Madhyamik) of West Bengal who did not pass or were absent in the final board examination can give Supplementary examinations. Students have to register first to be eligible to appear for the supplementary exam. The registration link will be available on the WBBSE’s official website with time. WBBSE will conduct the supplementary examination after declaring the main examination result tentatively in July 2022. Admit cards for the same will be available online on the WBSSE website before the exam which candidates can download and have to carry for the examination.
Similarly, the students of class 12th (HS) of West Bengal can apply for the supplementary examination for the subjects they failed or were absent in the final exam. WBCHSE will activate the link for supplemental examination link on their official website after declaring the main exam results. The candidates after registering will be able to download their admit card from the board’s website and a printout of the same has to be carried while appearing for the examination.
West Bengal Board Admit Card 2022
Admit Card for the students of West Bengal board class 10th (Madhyamik) will be made available in February at least 15-20 days before the commencement of the final examination. Students have to collect their admit cards from their respective schools after practical examinations. Student’s respective school will notify their students to collect their admit cards.
Similarly, the admit card for the class 12th (HS) examination will be provided by the respective schools of the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education. Students can collect their admit cards from their school as well as can check on the council’s official website.
The following details mentioned on the WB Board Admit Card
- Candidate’s Name
- Roll Number
- Name of the Board
- Subject’s Name with Code
- Exam Date
- Guardian’s Name
- School Name
- Exam Center Code
- Reporting Time
- Instruction that to be followed on the exam day
Note: All students must have to carry their admit cards while going for the examination because without admit cards students will not be permitted to enter and sit for the examination. Also, it is advisory to reach the exam center on the reporting time to avoid any kind of inconvenience on the exam day.
West Bengal Board of Secondary Education
The West Bengal Board of Secondary Education (WBBSE) came into existence in the year 1951 under the West Bengal Education Act. The board was recognized as a state government administrated examination authority for the class 10th examination in West Bengal. Initially, in 1951 1270 high schools were affiliated with the board which then increased to 2312 in 1963. At present, about 11000 Junior High and High Schools are affiliated with the board. The board conducted its first school-leaving examination in 1952 in which around 42000 students appeared. Along with conducting an examination, the board also construct the syllabus, publishes text-books for class VI to VIII and some text-books for classes IX and X.
Read More about West Bengal Board of Secondary Education.
West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education
The West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education was established by the Government of West Bengal in 1975, under the Act of West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education. This is the only council that is responsible for the promotion of 10+2 (Hogh School) education for both private and government schools affiliated with the council in the West Bengal state. The council has several responsibilities including preparing the curriculum, the courses of studies, publishing textbooks for the affiliated institute, publishing results of the examination conducted by the council, and awarding the certificate and scholarship.
Read More about West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education.
FAQs on West Bengal Board Exam Routine 2022
West Bengal board examination of class 10th is scheduled to start from 2nd week of March 2022 while for class 12th exam is scheduled to start from 3rd week of March 2022.
Yes, the West Bengal government has decided to cut the syllabus for classes 10th and 12th by 30-35% for the year 2021-2022. The final exam will be based on the revised syllabus. Class-wise syllabus(revised) is given above.
Students need to secure at least 33% marks in aggregate in the final theory examination and at least 20% marks in the practical examination to pass the WB board examination.
Admit cards will be available online on the WBCHSE official website after the registration process is finished. Students are advised to visit the website regularly
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.