NIOS 10th Registration 2020 for Block 2 is still going on. Students of class 10th who are willing to appear for exams to be held in October- November 2020 need to register online before the due date. Last date to apply for NIOS 10th Registration 2020 is January 31, 2020 without late fee. While with late fee students can register themselves until March 15, 2020. National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) has released the application forms on its official website – sdmis.nios.ac.in. Now, to know the steps to apply online, important dates, application fee, etc regarding NIOS 10th Block 2 Registration 2020 check the content below.
NIOS 10th Registration 2020
NIOS class 10th exams conducted in two blocks. Block 1 stream exams conducted in the month of April- May. While the Block 2 stream exams conducted in the month of October- November. The Bock 2 exams are conducted to provide another chance to the students who have not successful to attain the minimum passing marks in Block 1 (April- May) exams. Now, to know the important dates regarding NIOS 10th Registration 2020 check the table given below.
|NIOS 10th Registration 2020||Important Dates|
|Start Date of Application Form||16 Sep 2019|
|Last Date of Application Form |
(Without Late Fee)
|31 Jan 2020|
|Date of Application Form |
(With late fee- 200/-)
|01 Feb- 15 Feb 2020|
|Date of Application Form|
(With late fee- 400/-)
|16 Feb – 28 Feb 2020|
|Date of Application Form|
(With late fee- 700/-)
|01 Mar – 15 Mar 2020|
Application Form: To apply for the NIOS class 10th registration 2020 Block 2 Oct- Nov Click Here
Eligibility Criteria For Block 2 October- November Exams 2020
Before filling up the application form it is must for the students to know the criteria required for appearing for the exams. So, here we are with the list of criteria as below.
- Minimum age to attain the admission in secondary (class 10th) course is 14 years until 31st January 2019 ( born on or before 31/ 01/ 2005)
- Student who have passed class 8th and have fulfilling the age of 14 years is allowed to apply for the Secondary course.
- A student who has submitted the certificate ensuring that he/ she is well studies and able to pursue the education at the secondary level is eligible to apply for the same.
- Student who is studying at the secondary (class 10th) is also eligible to apply in order to complete their course or improve the marks.
Application Fee Details
Here we are with the details of the application fee for secondary course for different category students. So, go through the following table before knowing out the steps to fill up the form.
|Secondary Course||General Category||Exempted Category |
(SC/ ST/ PWD/ Ex-Servicemen)
|For Five Subjects||Rs. 1800/- (For Male)|
Rs. 1450/ – (For Female)
|For Additional Subjects||Rs. 720/ -(For Male)|
Rs. 720/- (For Female)
Mode of Payment: It is online through credit card/ debit card/ net banking.
Admission through common services centres fee could be paid through electronic wallet of CSCs.
Steps To Apply For NIOS 10th Registration 2020
Here we are with the steps to fill the application forms online. So, go through the following points as given below.
1st Step- Firstly, click on the link of form available on this page. As you do so, you able to see the link of the Stream 1 Block 2 (Oct 2020) pop up on your screen. Click on it.
2nd Step- Now, the application form appear on the screen.
3rd Step- Now, select your State, then enter your identity number (Aadhar Numnber/ Aadhar Enrollment Id/ Passport/ Ration card/ Bank Account Number or other valid identity)
4th Step- Now, enter the number of your selected Id. After this select your course – Secondary.
5th Sep- Now, you need to fill the section wise forms- Basic details then optional details, Subject selection then exam centre selection.
6th Step- For the basic details option fill up your father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, valid mobile number and the valid email address,
7th Step- Now, ask for generating the OTP in your registered mobile number.
8th Step- After veryfying the OTP enter your address details and details about social category.
9th Step- Then you need to upload the required documents. Then fill up the optional details if required and select your subjects you want to pursue.
10th Step- At the end select your prefered exam centres.
11th Step- After filling up all the details take a review of your form and check the details you have entered carefully.
12th Step- Now, make payment through the available payment gateway or choose for pay later option.
List of Documents Required – Check Here
- Recent Passport Size Coloured photograph
- Signature ( In Black Ink)
- Identity Proof (like aadhar card/ ration card
- Valid proof of Date of birth (like aadhar card with date of birth in dd/mm/yy format, birth certificate, etc)
- Valid proof of Residence (valid aadhar card with complete address/ valid passport etc)
- Address proof i.e (Aadhar Card/ Water Bill/ Electricity/ Bill/ Voter Id/ Ration Card/ Indian
- Class 8th Marksheet (for secondary course)
- Social category/Caste certificate (in case the learner belongs to SC/ST/OBC social category) Ex-serviceman certificate (in case he/she is an Ex-serviceman)
- Disability certificate (in case he/she is having any kind of disability)
- Fail Mark sheet of previous Board, failing which Transfer of Credit (TOC) marks will not be
National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS)
National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) is the national open board provides the distance learning to the students at the secondary as well as at the senior secondary level. The board has came into the existence in the year 1986. Board provides the distance learning to the students who are not able to go for the formal education. Apart from this NIOS also conduct the On- Demand and the vocational course examinations at the national level. Both for Secondary and Senior Secondary students NIOS conducts the exams annually in two sesssions. One in the month of April- May and the second in the month of October- November.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ques 1. What is the last date for NIOS Admission 2020?
Ques 2. What is Stream 1 Block 2 Exams?
Ques 3. What is Application fee for NIOS Block 2 exams?
Ques 4. Is certificates attained by NIOS are valid for further higher studies?
Ques 5. Is NIOS valid of NEET and JEE main exams also?
Ques 6. When NIOS 10th Result for October- November released?
Official Website: nios.ac.in
All The Best!
If you have any query regarding this then please let us know through your comments in the box provided below!
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.