ICSE Result 2021 – CISCE Class 10 result 2021 has been announced by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CICSE). Students can check it online at cisce.org. A direct link to check can also be accessed from this page. Besides the official website, you can get your result through SMS. To check ICSE class 10 result 2201 online, students require to log in using UID and Index number. CICSE Board has prepared the result for the cancelled examinations based on the average marks as obtained by the students at school level tests/exams and internal assessment (project work and practical examination). Check more details on ICSE result 2021 like result date, assessment scheme, steps to check result, etc from this page.
Check Result Here: Click Here to check ICSE Result 2021.
ICSE Result 2021
03:00 PM – CISCE declares class 10 ICSE result 2021 online at its official website – cisce.org.
|Board name||Indian Certificate of Secondary Education|
|Exam name||ICSE 10th Board exam|
|Class||ICSE / Class 10th|
|ICSE Result date||July 24, 2021|
|ICSE Result time||at 3:00 p.m.|
|Mode of result||Online / Offline|
|No. of candidates appeared||219499|
|No. of boys appeared||118846 (54.14%)|
|No. of girls appeared||100653 (45.86%)|
|Overall Pass %||99.98%|
|Boys Pass %||99.98%|
|Girls Pass %||99.98%|
|No. of Boys unsuccessful||27|
|No. of Girls unsuccessful||18|
How to Check ICSE Result 2021?
There are various different methods by which students can check their ICSE 10th result 2021. These different methods are –
- Online from the Council official website – cisce.org.
- By SMS.
- From Mobile App.
- Through DigiLocker.
How to Check ICSE Class 10 Result 2021 Online?
To check ICSE class 10th result 2021 from the Council’s official website, students may follow the instructions given below.
1st Step: Click on the direct link on this page above to check class 10th result.
2nd step: On doing so, the login candidate dashboard will open in which you need enter the following details –
- Index Number
- Course Name
3rd step: On entering the details, click on the ‘show result’ button.
4th step: Once you submit the login details, your result is then displayed on the screen.
5th step: Lastly, the candidates can download or take a printout of the ICSE result for future reference.
How to get ICSE Class 10 Result 2021 via SMS?
If a student is unable to check the class 10th result from the board’s official website, they can also get their result by SMS. To get ICSE 10th result 2021 by SMS on their mobile device, students shall need to send the following message:
- Type the following message, “ICSE 7 digit Unique ID Number“. Example – ICSE 1234567
- After this, send the text to 09248082883.
- Once you submit the message, your result is then sent to your mobile device by SMS.
The result is sent in the following format through SMS: <<Unique ID>> <<Index Number>> ENG-90, HIN-85, HCG-86, MAT-89, SCI-96, CTA-90, SUPW-B, PCA.
Check ICSE 10th Result 2021 through DigiLocker
The Government of India’s Department of Electronics and Information Technology has initiated the facility for downloading digital mark sheets to the students. This facility is available to the students who appeared for the ICSE examination from the year 2014 and later on. The mark sheet and other result related documents are stored in the account of Digilocker of the student forever.
To download the digital mark sheet from DigiLocker, students will need to, first of all, create an account on it. To do so, follow the steps below.
1st Step: Visit the website at digilocker.gov.in.
2nd Step: To create an account, one requires to enter the mobile number.
3rd Step: After this, an OTP is sent on the registered mobile number and authentication is done.
4th Step: Next, proceed to fill in the required details to register and then you may log in by entering your username and password.
5th Step: To download the document, you will need to enter the Aadhaar number and mobile number.
6th Step: Finally, students can download their digitally signed mark sheet and pass certificate.
How does ICSE (Class 10) marksheet looks like?
Details Mentioned on ICSE class 10th Results 2021
The provisional ICSE result as released online consists of the following information.
- Student’s enrollment number
- Registration number
- Roll number of the students
- Student’s name
- Board’s name
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Subject name
- Grades obtained in the subjects
- Grades for the internal assessment
- Date of Birth
- Result Status
- Percentage of marks
Sample Image of ICSE class 10 result is as follows…
ICSE Result 2021: How to Resolve Disputes?
In case of a candidate has objections regarding the computation of marks in the ICSE result 2021, then she/he can send an application to the school, stating the reason for the objection in detail. After this, schools are required to review all such applications, only if the contentions made therein are correct, then the same will be forwarded to CISCE along with your comments/remarks.
All the requests regarding the challenge in the result must be forwarded to the CISCE at [email protected] for the ICSE (Class 10). The last date for forwarding the requests to the CISCE is August 1, 2021. It is to be noted that dispute resolution requests should be forwarded only from the head of the school’s official email address. The Council has further clarified that the dispute resolution mechanism is only for the correction of calculation errors.
What After ICSE 10th Result 2021 is Declared?
After the declaration of ICSE 10th result, students can download and take a print the mark sheet. It is to be noted that the online result released on the Council official website is only for informational purposes and the original copy can only be collected by the students from the respective schools. However, students can also download the digital mark sheet from DigiLocker.
In case, one is not satisfied with their marks, he/she can apply for an improvement examination. Furthermore, after ICSE students pass the examination, they can choose an academic stream to pursue over the next two years from the following – Science, Commerce, and Arts.
ICSE 10th Improvement Exam 2021
Candidates who are not satisfied with their marks as per the aforesaid evaluation criteria can opt to appear for offline examination. The Council shall conduct the improvement exam for these students for one or more papers subsequently. A detailed ICSE timetable 2021 for the improvement examination will be published by the board once the situation is conducive to hold the examinations. It is to be noted that the marks as obtained by the students in the improvement examination will be considered as their Final marks.
ICSE 10th Revaluation Result 2021
Students will not get the facility for applying for a re-check of answer scripts for ICSE 10th as no exams were conducted this time.
ICSE Compartmental Exam 2021
Generally, candidates could not obtain the pass certificate and in their provisional result, the status is Pass Certificate Not Awarded (PCNA) can apply to appear for ICSE compartmental examination. However, as of now, the Council has not provided any information regarding ICSE compartmental exam 2021. In order to appear for the compartment exam, students should have passed in English and three other subjects. ICSE compartmental exam 2021 shall be held from September 1, 2021, however, a detailed schedule will be announced soon.
ICSE 10th Result 2021 Date
As per the press release of the Result 2021 examinations, the calendar for the important dates related to the ICSE 10th exam 2021 result is given below.
|ICSE Result 2021||Dates|
|ICSE time table 2021||Exams Cancelled|
|ICSE result 2021 date||24 Jul 2021|
ICSE Result 2021 Assessment Scheme
The Council decided to cancel class 10th examinations keep in mind the health and well-being of the students. With the exams now being cancelled, one of the biggest challenge in front of CISCE was to provide certification & results to the students. However, CISCE devised a fair and unbiased criterion based on which ICSE class 10 exam results 2021 will be prepared. The assessment scheme for ICSE 2021 exams are as follows –
- Students performance in class 9 and 10 in school-level examinations.
- Internal assessment which includes project work and practical examination.
Factors used for computation of class 10 results
- Performance of Schools – The overall result of schools for the past five (05) years from 2015 to 2020 will be considered. However, there is a condition that at least 10 candidates should have appeared for the ICSE exam in English and at least four other subjects from school. The schools can choose the year when they achieved the best average percentage in terms of the total score (out of 500).
- Standard deviation common for all subjects (σ) – It represents the percentage marks based on English + best four subjects obtained by all candidates of the school who appeared in the best year preference.
- Subject benchmark average % of a school (μ) – It represents the school average percentage in theory paper for the subject in the best year as chosen by the school, provided that at least 10 candidates appeared for the subject from the school that year.
- Raw theory percentage (Praw) – Maximum of the average marks percentage as obtained by the candidate in the theory paper in either class 9 or 10.
- Project or Practical work marks (PS) – Total marks as obtained by the students in the practical or project work of the subject.
- Subject projects and/pr practical work percentage (B) – The marks as obtained by the candidates in the project and/or practical work is converted to a percentage.
- Subject Raw marks – The formula for calculation of subject raw marks is as follows – Praw x weightage of board theory marks + PS (from point 4 and 5 as given above) for subjects with Project and/or practical work.
- Raw total – The subject raw marks as obtained in point 7 with the Total marks (out of 500) for a candidate in English and the best four subjects will be calculated.
- Raw standard deviation common for all subjects for all schools (s) – It is calculated based on the raw totals (out of 500) obtained by all candidates of the schools appearing for English and at least 04 other subjects in the year 2021 examination.
- Subject raw percentage for a school (m) – The school average percentage in the theory paper for the 2021 examination, provided that at least 10 candidates appeared for the subject from that school.
Formulas to be used for calculation of marks
Step 1: First of all compute the scaled score (A) as: A = σ/s (Praw – m) + μ
Note that for the above calculation if σ/s > 4, then replace it by 4. The other conditions for the scaled score are –
- If the value of A as obtained is > 100, then you need take the value of A = 100
- If the value of A as obtained is < 100, then you need take the value of A = 10
Step 2: After this, the subject board marks percentage (%) are calculated by applying the following method –
Subject board marks percentage (%) = 0.7 A + 0.3 B
in which the weightage of A is 70%, whereas, for B it is 30%. A represents the scaled score (as explained above), and B is the percentage subject project or practical work.
Step 3: Next, determine the subject board marks in theory papers as –
Subject board marks in Theory = Subject board (theory) marks percentage + Weightage for theory marks
Step 4: The last step is to calculate the subject final marks
Final marks in subject = Marks in theory papers + Subject project and/or practical work marks
For example – A school has at least 10 or more ICSE candidates appearing for English, and four subjects every year, from 2015 to 2020. Also, assume that 10 or more candidates are appearing for the Mathematics subject in ICSE 2021 examination. The school achieved the highest average in the year 2019, then for that school, 2019 is the best year which will be further used for subsequent calculations.
Suppose in the year 2019, the standard deviation of the percentage based on total scores (common for all subjects) was 9. Hence, the benchmarks standard deviation for school will be 9. Now, suppose that the average percentage marks obtained by the students in Mathematics in the year 2019 were 70. Hence, the benchmark average (μ) percentage will be 70.
Now, assume that the concerned candidate has obtained 90% average marks in class 9th, and 80% in class 10th in the Mathematics theory part. Then, the raw percentage of the candidates in the Maths theory paper will be considered as 90. Now, for the internal assessment part, suppose the candidate has obtained 20 out of 20 in the Mathematics project, then the percentage marks in the Mathematics project will be 100 (B). The raw marks are calculated by 90 x 80/100 + 20 = 92. The standard deviation of these raw marks is calculated as 12 (refer to point 9 above). Further, the average raw Mathematics theory paper be 78 for all candidates from school (m) (refer to point 10 above).
Hence, based on these, the scaled of the candidates will be calculated as per the formula given above. That is, A = 9/12 (90 – 78) + 70 = 79.
Subject Theory marks percentage = 0.7A + 0.3B => ).7 x 79 + 0.3 x 100= 85.3
Subject Theory Marks = Subject theory marks percentage x weightage of theory marks => 85.3 x 0.8 = 68.24 ≈ 68.
Subject Final Marks = Subject theory marks + Subject project an/or practical marks => 68+20 = 88.
Hence, the final total marks as obtained by a candidate in Mathematics will be 88.
Exemptions as discussed by CICE
|Cases of Exemption||Solution|
|Schools never had at least 10 students appearing for English and four other subjects in a single year||In such a case, the National standard deviation of total scores for the previous ICSE examination (for the year 2020)|
|Schools did not had t least 10 students appearing for a particular subject in the Best year of the school||The National average percentage of the subject from the previous ICSE exam will be used as a subject benchmark average μ for the subject of that school|
|For subjects which have been newly introduced||In such a case, the value of μ will be taken as equal to m as computed in the point 10 above|
|For subject with no project / practical work components||In such case, the average raw marks is taken as equal to subject raw theory marks (Praw)|
|Schools that have less than 10 candidates appearing in English and at least four other subjects in ICSE 2021 examination||In this cade, the National standard deviation of the raw total for the ICSE year 2021 exam will be the value of s|
ICSE Class 10 Previous Year Statistics
ICSE 10th result Statistics (Delhi and NCR schools) – 2020
- Total schools – 48
- Total students – 5,134
- No. of students passed – 5,118
- No. of unsuccessful students – 16
- Total boys appeared – 2,728 (53.14 %)
- Total girls appeared – 2,406 (46.86 %)
ICSE Result Overall Statistics for the year 2020
- Total number of schools – 2341
- Total students – 2,07,902
- Total number of students passed – 2,06,525
- Unsuccessful students in ICSE 2020 – 1377
- Total boys appeared – 112,668 (54.19 %)
- Total girls appeared – 95,234 (45.81 %)
Students can check the past year statistics for ICSE 10th class result from the table below:
|Year||Appeared||Overall pass%||Girls pass%||Boys pass%|
Council For The Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE), was established in the year 1958 and is one of the most popular boards across the nation. It conducts the ICSE, ISC and CVE examination at the national level. It also functions as a policymaker body, for the schools which fall under its jurisdiction. The CISCE Board builds the curriculum and prescribes textbooks for primary and higher secondary classes. It also provides recognition and affiliation to the private and government school situated all over India. Candidates can download the previous year question papers from the CISCE board.
FAQ’s for ICSE Result 2021
Ans 1. The criterion as used by the Council to award marks to class X students is as follows:
– Marks obtained in project work/ practical examination.
– Performance of the candidate in the school level examinations in either class IX or class X.
– Best performance of schools in board examinations in the last six years from 2015 to 2020 is also taken into consideration.
Ans 2. No, the Council has decided to cancel class X board examination 2021. Hence, the board is now soon going to declare the results.
Ans 3. In case a candidate is unable to secure minimum passing marks in one or two subjects, they can appear for the compartmental examinations which are scheduled to be held from September.
Ans 4. No, the candidates can check their result from the Council’s official website, by SMS or through Digilocker app.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.