The Physics exam for ICSE Class 10th Board has been codnucted on March 13, 2020. The exam was of 02 hourd duration which started at 11:00 AM. The theory paper of ICSE Physics is of 80 marks and is divided into two sections – Section I (40 marks) and Section II (40 marks). In Section II. students have to attempt only 4 questions. You can check more details on ICSE Physics question paper 2020 from this page.
Latest: ICSE physics paper 2020 solution is available. Check here.
ICSE Physics Question Paper 2020
In ICSE Physics question paper, students have to attempt all questions from Section I and had 4 questions which were ‘short answer type’ questions. Section II had six questions, out of which students had to attempt only four questions of their choice. Students can download ICSE Physics question paper for 13 Mar exam from this page.
ICSE Physics Question Paper Pattern
The question paper is of total of 80 marks and Internal Assessment of practical work carrying 20 marks. For a better understanding of the students, let us divide the question paper into three types:
Type 1 – Subjective questions – These are theoretical questions which tests the understanding capabiliity of a student.
Type 2 – Diagram based questions – Such questions are based on evaluation, drawing or explaining the concept with the help of the diagram.
Type 3 – Numerical questions – It evaluates the understanding and application skills of students.
Name of chapters in ICSE Physics Exam 2020
ICSE Physics paper consist of questions from the following topics –
- Force, Work, Power and Energy
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Modern Physics
Difficult Questions in ICSE Physics Question Paper
Based on the pupil performance in ICSE Physics exam previous year, the following topics were identified to be difficult / challenging questions. Check the name of these topics below:
- Understanding of lever of class 1 with M.A. greater than 1 and class 2 lever.
- Physical quantity and unit.
- Specific heat capacity and Specific resistance
- Ratio concept in solving numerical.
- Factors affecting critical angle and conditions for total internal reflection.
- Correlation between the holes present on the flute and the frequency of sound produced.
- Connection of live, neutral and earth wire with the appliance.
- Nuclear fusion reaction is called as thermonuclear reaction?
- Identification of lenses when virtual images are formed.
- Change in the focal length when the refractive index of the outside medium changes.
- The diagram of AC generator and DC motor.
- Difference between the number of turns of the coil and just coils.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.