One of the most loved subjects by the students is Science which is further divided into physics, chemistry and biology. If the difficulty level is to be looked, every student has their own perspective about it. For some students physics is a bit tough, chemistry easy and biology moderate. CISE has started conducting ICSE science exam from March 13, 2020 onwards. The board gave two days of gap for Chemistry exam to the students which is actually enough for the students for revision. If you appeared for ICSE Class 10 chemistry paper 2020 on March 16, then check out this page for detailed solution.
Latest: ICSE Class 10 chemistry 2020 paper solution is available. Check below.
ICSE Class 10 Chemistry Paper 2020 Solved
The solutons as provided on this page is prepared by the subject expert and teacher. Students can refer to these solutions and cross-check their answers. Check the solutions for ICSE Class 10th chemistry exam below.
Section I – Question 1 (A)
Q i. Helium
Q ii. Platinum
Q iii. Carbon tetrachloride
Q iv. Concentrated sulphuric acid
Q v. C3H4
Question 1 (b)
Q i. Raddish brown fumes
Q ii. A dark blue colored solution is produced
Q iii. Hydrogen gas is produced which can be identified by a pop sound.
Q iv. Carbon dioxide is produced which has a brisk smell.
Q v. Froth is formed.
For more solutions of ICSE Class 10th chemistry paper, see the video below.
Another important video for ICSE Chemistry paper 2020 solution can be checked below.
ICSE Chemistry paper 2020 solutions for Section I can also be checked below.
ICSE Class 10 Chemistry Syllabus 2020
ICSE Chemistry exam consist of a single paper of 80 marks and Internal Assessment of practical work carrying 20 marks. The syllabus for ICSE Chemistry exam consist of the topics as mentioned below –
- Periodic Properties and variations of Properties – Physical and Chemical.
- Chemical Bonding.
- Study of Acids, Bases and Salts.
- Analytical Chemistry.
- Mole Concept and Stoichiometry.
- Study of Compound.
- Organic Chemistry.
Important Tips for ICSE Class 10 Next Science Exam
The next science exam for ICSE Class 10 is of biology which is the last exam. It is going to be conducted on March 30, 2020. Biology is one of those subjects which requires not only theoritcal knowledge but a tip on understanding of each topic. Below we have provided few tips which you can check to prepare for Biology exam –
- During the exam, do not waste time on shading or colouring the diagram, instead focus on neatness and correct labelling.
- Male flowcharts and graphics to remember the sequence of the processes.
- Remember to write the full forms along with the abbreviations.
- Avoid spelling errors of the scientific names especially of similar-sounding words like ileum and ilium which sounds similar but are two different organs with different functions.
- Use the first 15 minutes wisely by reading the question paper carefully.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.