CBSE Class 10 Important Questions English First Flight – Revising whole syllabus? Things become more sorted when you have some important points to be more focused on. And so, here we are with CBSE class 10 English important questions. English course book of class 10 is divided into two parts -‘First Flight’ and ‘Footprints without Feet’. Now to ease last minute revision we have listed out some CBSE Class 10 Important Questions English First Flight. Check it out from here.
#1 Letter To God
Short Type Questions
- Describe Lencho as a farmer.
- Describe Lencho’s house and his family
- Why did the earth need a heavy rain or at least a shower?
- Why and how did Lencho’s happiness turn into deep worry?
- Describe the damage caused by the falling of the hailstones?
- What was the only hope for Lencho and how did he seek it?
- Why did Lencho write a letter to God?
- How did the postmaster collect and sent seventy pesos to Lencho?
- How did Lencho react after receiving the money?
- Why was Lencho not surprised on seeing the money?
- Why did Lencho call the post office employees ‘a bunch of crooks’
- What is the message of the story?
Long Type Questions
- Describe the ironical ending of the story. Why dis Lencho think the post-office employees as a bunch of crooks.
#2 Nelson Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom
- Why was the 10th of May 1994 important questions for South Africa and its people?
- Why did so many international leaders and dignitaries gather in South Africa during the inaugural
- ceremony ?
- How was the apartheid an extraordinary disaster for the blacks in South Africa?
- What did Mandela pledge to do for his people?
- How did the military show its loyalty to the democratically elected government of Nelson Mandela?
- Why does Mandela think himself as the sum of all those African patriots who had gone before him?
- How did the policy of apartheid create a deep and lasting wound and divide in South Africa?
- What are the twin obligation in man’s life?
- How could Mandela and the blacks fulfil the twin obligations?
- Was Mandela born with a hunger to be free? How was his boyhood freedom illusion?
- Why did Mandela say that freedom in “indivisible”?
Long Answer Type Questions
- Describe the inaugural ceremony of the newly democratically non-racial government in South Africa. What did Mandela pledge on that day?
- Why and When was the apartheid introduced in South Africa and what disastrous effect it had on the blacks in that country?
- Describe how Mandela’s concept of freedom changed during his boyhood, youth and when he joined the African National Congress?
- Describe how Nelson Mandela was influenced and impressed by the unimaginable sacrifices of the black patriots before him.
- Nelson Mandela says that freedom is indivisible. Give a reasoned answer.
#3 From The Diary of Anne Frank
Short Answer Type Questions
- Why did Anne Frank think of writing a diary?
- Why did she believe that no would be interested in the musings of a thirteen-year-old girl?
- What arguments did Anne give in the support of talking in her first essay?
- Why did she call teachers the most unpredictable creatures on Earth?
- Why was Mr. Keesing annoyed with Anne?
- Why did Anne believe that “Patience has more patience than people?
Long Answer Type Questions
- Why was the whole class quaking in its boots? Was Anne also worried?
- Describe how Anne paid Mr. Keesing in the same coin and defeated him in his own game?
- Describe how her deep rooted suffocation and loneliness led Anne to open put her heart through her writings in her diary?
A total 18,89,878 students have registered for class 10 board exams 2020. Out of total 7,88,195 are girls, 11,01,664 are boys, and 19 are transgenders.
All The Best for your exams!
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.