CBSE Class 10 English Important Questions with Answers – The candidates of class 10 who are going to enroll for the CBSE board exams must check this page. Here, you can see the CBSE Class 10 English Important Questions with Answers, class 10 exam pattern, marking scheme, and preparation tips etc. Important questions are useful for the candidates to prepare well for the board exams. The important questions have been extracted from 10 previous years’ question papers. Also, here, we have provided the frequency of the questions with the respective years. If the questions have been asked more than 2 times then we have mentioned it in the important questions. Along with the frequency, you can also check the marks related to the respective question. So, you are advised to check the entire page.
To get good marks, the students are advised to solve these important questions that have been provided on this page. It is having the most asked question from 2008 to 2018. Thus, you are advised to check the CBSE Class 10 English Important Questions with Answers here.
CBSE Class 10 English Important Questions with Answers
In class 10, CBSE Board has provided two types of English to the candidates i.e. English (Communicative) and English (Literature and Language). So, here, we are elaborating Communicative English. For both types, the paper pattern and the number of questions are the same and also the marks distribution. The students are free to choose any one of them. But they had to choose it at the time of the registrations. Now, the candidates will get the question paper according to their selection. The candidates are advised to check the question paper number and the name before writing the answers. The subject must be the same as you have opted at the time of filling the registration form.
- Click Here to Download CBSE Class 10 English Important Questions with Answers.
Important Topics for CBSE Class 10 English
In the entire syllabus, there are some of the topics which are the most important topics for the board exams. So, when we shortlisted the questions, we found a similar pattern for the questions asked in the board exams of class 10. Thus, for the convenience of the students, we have provided some of the important topics for the candidates. you can check it from this section:
- In the question paper, there will be questions from the reading comprehension. So, the students should practice these type of questions.
- The students will definitely get a letter writing a question.
- Then the students will have to write a short story.
- There will also be the questions of fill in the blanks.
- Some questions will be asked from rearranging the words section.
Course Structure for CBSE Class 10 English
The students can also check the syllabus and the course structure for class 10. The candidates can check it online on the official website i.e. on cbse.nic.in. The CBSE Board has provided the proper pdf file for the students of class 10 related to the syllabus and the course structure. It is very helpful for the students. So, for the convenience of the students, we have provided the same here. You can check it from the table provided below. It contains the number of units with their names and the respective marks provided by CBSE. You can check it from the table given here:
|Unit Number||Unit Name||Marks|
|2||Writing Skills with Grammer||30|
|3||Literature Textbook and Extended Reading Text||30|
CBSE Class 10 English Exam Pattern & Marking Scheme
Along with the syllabus, the CBSE Board has also provided the exam pattern and the marking scheme for the candidates of class 10. It is available on the official website too. We have also provided the same here. You can check it below.
The entire question paper will be divided into three parts i.e. Section A, Section B, and Section C. These are known as Reading, Writing Skills with Grammer, and Literature respectively.
Section- A (Writing Section):
- It will have two unseen passages.
- For the first passage, there will be eight Very Short Answer Type questions of 1 mark each.
- For the second passage, the board will ask four Short Answer Type Questions od 2 marks each and two VSA for vocabulary and two for comprehension of 1 mark each. So, this section will have a total of 12 marks.
Section- B (Writing Skills with Grammer):
- In this section, you will get a question of letter writing of 8 marks.
- Also, a question from writing the short story of 10 marks.
- Four questions will be asked to fill in the blanks of 1 mark each.
- There will be four sentences from Omission of 1 mark each.
- Rearrangement of four sentences of 1 mark each.
Section- C (Literature):
This section will have 30 marks and the questions will be asked from the literature book.
How to Prepare CBSE Class 10 English?
A frequent question asked by the students is how to prepare English. The students often get confused about the preparation strategy for English. So, if you have not started yet the preparations for the board exams. Then this is s very important section for you. You can understand it from the points given below:
- To improve your reading and writing skills, you should read the English newspapers. It really helps in improving the grammar.
- English is not a subject that you can prepare in one day. It requires more efforts. So, do not waste your time.
- The unseen passage section is quite scoring. So, you should focus on it.
- For the Literature portion, you should read the chapters carefully. Do not try to memorize the answers. In spite of this, you should understand the topics.
- A letter writing question will definitely be asked. So, you should practice it more often.
- 1 mark questions will be aksed from the Grammar portion. So, it would be easier way to score marks.
- Rearranging of words is also important topic.