CBSE 12th Result 2021 – Students can check CBSE class 12 result 2021 here. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has declared the results at the official website – cbseresults.nic.in and other digital platforms like DigiLocker – digilocker.gov.in – and other Mobile apps. In all, 12,96,318 candidates applied and of these 99.37% candidates have passed the exam. To check it, students will need to log in by entering their roll number and other required details. The assessment of CBSE 12th board students is done on their school-based performance in class 12th, class 11th, and the result of performance in best of three subjects out of main 5 subjects in class X board exams. Check complete details on CBSE 12th result 2021 from the page below.
CBSE 12th Result 2021
CBSE Class 12th Result 2021 Live Updates
Here, you can check all the live updates on CBSE 12th result 2021. Keep on refreshing to get all the latest updates.
03:10 PM – Students can take a look at the statistics for CBSE 12th result 2021.
– No. of students passed – Of the 1304561 candidates who registered for the class 10th exam, as many as 1296318 have passed the exam.
– The board has no released results of over 65,184 students today. These students will get their result on August 5.
– Gender-wise Pass Percentage: Girls have outshined boys by 0.54%. The pass percentage among girls is at 99.67% while among boys is at 99.13%.
– A total of 1,50,152 students are in the 90% marks bracket. Among these,70,004 students have got more than 95% marks.
– Students who have got compartment: A total of 6149 students will have to appear for the compartment exams. The board will conduct CBSE 12th compartment exam in September.
– A total of 129 students with special needs have got more than 95% marks.
02:07 PM – CBSE 12th result 2021 declared. Three links are provided for the students to check their results. All the best!
01:40 PM – Who will declare CBSE 12th result 2021?
Generally, the CBSE chairperson declares the class 12 result. Usually, the Union Minister of Education also makes an announcement or acknowledgement regarding the CBSE 12 results.
01:23 PM – CBSE Class 12 Result 2021: Pass percentage likely to touch 90s
Last year, out of 12 lakh students who appeared for CBSE 12th board exams, more than 10.59 lakh had passed examinations. The overall pass percentage was at 88.78%. Whereas, in the year 2019, it is 83.40% had passed. This year, the pass percentage is expected to touch 90s.
01:05 PM – CBSE 12th result 2021: Only for regular students today
CBSE board will declare class 12 result only for regular students today. The exam for private candidates will be held from August 16 to September 15. After the exam is conducted, the result for such students will be then announced.
01:00 PM – CBSE 12th result 2021 Direct link at DigiLocker
CBSE class 12 students can also check their results from Digilocker directly by creating an account using the link given below.
Click Here to create an account on DigiLocker.
Create your account by easily following the steps given below.
1. Click on the link given above to create an account.
2. After this, enter your name, date of birth, specify your gender.
3. Enter your mobile number and email id.
4. Next, set a 6 digit security PIN.
5. Finally, submit the details.
12:58 PM – CBSE 12th result 2021: Steps to find roll number
To download CBSE 12th roll number 2021, students may follow the steps given below.
1. Visit the website at cbse.gov.in.
2. On the homepage of the website, click on the link which says “Roll number finder”.
3. After this, select the class and then login by entering your name, school code, mother’s name, father’s name.
4. Submit the login details, your roll number is then displayed on the screen.
12:52 PM – CBSE 12th Roll Number finder
In order to check the CBSE class 12 result 2021, students need to log in by entering their roll number. Hence, students are advised to keep their roll number handy. Use the roll number finder facility provided by the board online.
12:45 PM – CBSE 12th result 2021 to be declared at cbseresults.nic.in soon
CBSE board will release class 12 result at the official link cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm onwards. To check the result, you can log in to the official result portal as and when the result is announced.
10:58 AM – What are the different platforms for checking CBSE 12th result 2021?
Students can get the CBSE class 12 results 2021 from these different platforms –
6. UMANG app
7. DigiLocker app
10:55 AM – CBSE Class 12 Result 2021 Criteria
Due to the cancellation of class 12 board exams, the boar prepared a special assessment scheme to evaluate the students. The assessment is done based on marks obtained throughout the past three academic years, including Class 10, 11 and the pre-board results of Class 12.
10:50 AM – This year, CBSE would host the class 12 result on multiple platforms as close to 15 lakh students will try to access their result at once which can crash the website. Hence, to ensure that the students can check their result conveniently, the CBSE 12th result 2021 will also be available for check at Digilocker and Umang App.
10:37 AM – CBSE board has finally announced the date & time for declaration of class 12 result 2021. The board will announce class 12 results today at 2 PM.
On July 17, the CBSE board released the evaluation criteria for class 12 cancelled examinations. For more on CBSE 12th result 2021 update, scroll down the page below.
CBSE 12 Result 2021 Overview
|Name of the Board||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Class||12th class (Senior Secondary)|
|Result release date||by 31July 2021|
|Number of students registered||Approx 15 lakh|
|CBSE official website||cbseresults.nic.in|
cbse.gov.in (New website)
cbse.nic.in (Old website)
CBSE Class 12th Result 2021 Date
Students can check the complete calendar for CBSE 12 result 2021 from the table below.
|Formation of Result Committee|
Note subject-wise max marks offered by the School
Identification of students if changed their subject(s) in class 12
Availability of marks of class 10 students who have passed class X from other state board
Availability of marks of class 11 students who have passed class XI from other school
|by 23 Jun 2021|
|Finalization of road map by the Result committee||by 30 Jun 2021|
|Finalization of result after moderation & checking by schools and uploading the marks on CBSE portal||by 15 Jul 2021|
|Provision of subject-wise, school-wise distribution of marks by CBSE||by 28 Jun 2021|
|Opening Portal by CBSE for uploading the marks||by 08 Jul 2021|
|Declaration of CBSE 12th result 2021||by 31 Jul 2021|
How to Check CBSE Class 12th Result 2021?
There are various different ways by which a student can access their class 12th CBSE board exam result 2021. The different methods to check the result are as follows:
- Official website
- Umang App
- Third-party websites
Steps to Check CBSE 12th Result 2021 at cbseresults.nic.in
To check CBSE class 12 result 2021 from the board’s official website may follow the steps given below.
1st Step: Click on the direct link on the page above for cbse.nic.in 2021 result.
2nd Step: After this, students shall need to enter details like their roll number and school number
4th Step: Click on the submit button after which your result is then displayed on the screen.
5th Step: Download or save a copy of the online result on your device. You may also download or take a printout of the result for future use.
Get CBSE Class 12 Result 2021 via SMS/IVRS
Generally as soon as the result is announced, the official websites crash down as a large number of candidates are accessing the website to know their marks. However, in such a case, students can also resort to the offline method of checking the CBSE 12th class result 2021, i.e by sending an SMS or by using IVRS method. Given below are the detailed instructions for each method.
CBSE 12th Result 2021 by SMS
- On your mobile device, type the following message – <Class 12> <Roll Number> <School Number> < Centre Number>.
- The message had to be sent on the number – 7738299899.
- After this, you will recieve your result on your mobile phone via SMS.
CBSE 12thResult 2021 check by IVRS
- For a local subscriber in Delhi dial the following number – 011-2430099.
- For subscriber from the other parts of the country then dial 011- 24300699.
How to Check CBSE Class 12 Result 2021 from DigiLocker?
Digilocker is a cloud-based platform created by the Govt of India which allows the CBSE board students to easily access their exam results or download the marksheet. In order to check the CBSE board exam class 12 result 2021 from Digilocker, students will need to create an account first. It is advised to the students to do this first and as soon as the result is released, just visit the DigiLocker website and fetch your document.
What CBSE result 2021 and related documents are given on DigiLoicker?
- Class XII Marksheet.
- Class XII Migration certificate.
- Class XII Passing certificate.
How to Register on DigiLocker and download CBSE 12th marksheet?
1st Step: Visit the Digilocker website at digilocker.gov.in.
2n Step: Click on the ‘Sign Up’ button on the right corner of the homepage of the website (as shown in the image below).
3rd Step: After this, create your account by entering the following details (as in Aadhaar) –
- Full Name.
- Date of birth.
- Select your gender.
- Mobile number.
- Set 6-digit security pin.
- Email id.
- Mobile number.
- Aadhaar number.
4th Step: Click on the submit button and then enter the OTP has been sent on your mobile number.
5th Step: Next, you need to set a username that will help you to log in afterwards.
6th Step: Once you successfully register on DigiLocker, under Central Govt tab click on the CBSE.
7th Step: After this, select the document which you wish to download.
8th Step Once you do so, select the exam year and enter your roll number to download the document.
How to Check CBSE 12th Result 2021 from Umang App?
Another way to check the CBSE board exam result 2021 is through the Umang application. To check the CBSE 12th result 2021 through the Umang app, you may follow the steps as given below –
- Download the Umang app on your mobile device and open it.
- After this, click on the link for CBSE 12th result 2021.
- As you click on it login window opens on your screen in which you need to enter your exam year, roll number, date of birth.
- Next, click on the ‘submit button and your result of class 12th will appear on the screen.
- Students need to check their marks carefully and download it for reference.
CBSE Class 12th Grading Scheme
Along with the marks. students will also get grades based on their performance in the alternative assessment scheme. The grading method as per which students are assessed are as follows –
|Marks||Grades||Points for Grades|
How to Calculate CBSE 12th class Percentage?
Students can check the percentage of 5 main subjects by adding and dividing marks in the five main subjects by 5. For example – If you have obtained the following marks in five subjects:
Subject 1: 85
Subject 2: 80
Subject 3: 75
Subject 4: 90
Subject 5: 92
- First of calculate total marks = 85+80+75+90+92= 422
- After this, divide the total marks by 5, which is, 432/5 = 84.4%
CBSE 12th Board Exam 2021 Passing Criteria
In order to pass the class 12th board exam 2021, students need to fulfil the following conditions as laid down by the CBSE board –
- You need to secure a minimum marks of 33 percent (i.e. Grade E) in all the five subjects.
- In case of practical work-related subjects, students need to obtain 33% marks in theory and practicals, Besides this you also need to secure at least 33% marks in aggregate.
CBSE 12th Result 2021 Re-evaluation
This year, the board did not conduct class 12 board exams 2021. Hence, the facility for rechecking or revaluation of the CBSE 12th result shall not be provided to the students.
CBSE Class 12 Compartment Exam 2021
Students who could not clear the class 12th board exams in one or two subjects will be eligible to appear for the compartment examination. This is the second chance given to the students to pass the 12th exams. In order to apply for CBSE 12th compartment exam 2021, students need to apply online and submit the form by paying the required amount of fee. The board generally shall conduct the class 12th supplementary exam in September 2021. After this, the board declares CBSE 12th result 2021 for the compartment exam in the month of October.
CBSE Class 12 Result 2021 Criteria
CBSE has announced the assessment criteria for preparation of class 12th result. Students will be given marks for practicals as conducted by schools, whereas, for the theory papers, they will be given marks by averaging out class 10, 11, and class 12 pre-boards. However, class 12 marks to have highest weightage of 40 per cent. The assessment for theory papers will be done as follows –
|Class||Criteria for evaluation||Percentage|
|12th||Marks based on Unit Test / Mid-term / Pre-board exam||40%|
|11th||Theory component of final exam||30%|
|10th||Average theory component of best three (03) performing subjects of main 5 subjects||30%|
- The marks as obtained in the practical/internal assessment of class XII will be on the basis of marks uploaded by the schools on the CBSE portal.
- The total marks as awarded by the schools should be in consonance with the past performance of the school in Class XII board examinations.
Assessment of Theory examinations
Element 1: Class XII
- Since the schools have not been opened due to Covid-19 situation, the result of online examination, and these examinations have not been conducted by the board, hence do not meet standardization assessment. In such a case, the school-based assessments for class XII will be considered.
Element 2: Class X
- As per the scheme released, class X exams held for the current academic session for the requirement for class XII students. However, it is likely that some students may not have performed better. To overcome such shortcomings, the average of the best three (03) subjects out of 5 main subjects will be taken for calculating the marks.
Even after this, two more concerns remain with the inclusion of class 10th board exams –
(i) Firstly, the ability of students have evolved since the class X board examinations were held.
(ii) Secondly, the best of 3 subjects in class X board exam may not be similar with the subjects being taught and assessed in class 12th.
Element 3: Class XI
- The only examinations which were held in an offline mode without any deviation were class XI exams conducted in the year 2019-20. Moreover, examination in class XI is based on the syllabus similar to senior secondary, as o result of which this exam has high reliability in terms of a fair assessment of the students.
- In case, if a student feels that they did not appear for the class XI exam to their full potential and could possibly reflect badly in class XII results. However, this can be addressed to some extent by taking into class X marks along with class XI.
Distribution of Theory & Practical/ Internal Assessment marks for Class 12
|Marks in Theory||Marks in Practical||Total marks|
Formation of Result Committee
The Result Committee as constituted by the School will be of five (05) members which will be responsible for finalizing the marks on the basis of test/exams. Moreover, it has to ensure that the marks of the students are aligned as per the marking policy provided by the board. The Result Committee comprises of the following –
- Principal of the school would be the Chairperson of Result Committee.
- Two senior most teachers of schools teaching Class XII.
- Two teachers from neighboring schools, teaching class 12.
Problems and Solution as faced by Result Committee during 12th Result Preparation
|Problems that can be faced by the Schools||Decision to be taken by Result Committee (RC)|
|Candidates who could not appear in any assessment||In such a case, the RC will do objective assessment of such students using information from class X, XI, XII|
|`Assessment of more than 5 subjects||If a student has opted for more than 5 subjects in class 12th, then the marks of best 3 subjects out of max allotted marks after conversion|
|Assessment of new subjects||Subjects for which assessment could not be conducted in 2020-2021, in such a case, the assessment shall be done by awarding average of best 3 subjects|
|Changed subjects from Class XI to XII||In such cases, assessment will be done by awarding average of best 3 subjects in class 11. Meaning, the name of the subject offered in Class XI and XII will be used for the purpose of assessment.|
|Passed Class X from other Board than CBSE||CBSE is going to provide pre-filled class 10th marks. However, students who have passed Class Xth from other Board, the schools where such students are studying will upload the marks on the CBSE portal.|
|Students not able to meet minimum passing marks||In case, a student is unable to meet the minimum qualifying criteria, then he/she shall be placed in “Essential Repeat” or “Compartment” category.|
Click Here to download CBSE 12th Result 2021 Assessment Criteria.
CBSE 12th Result Analysis for Past Years
In the table below we have provided the CBSE class 12th result statistics for the past 7 years. Students can take a look at the statistics below to get a better understand of the student’s performance over the past few years.
|Year||Total appeared students||Overall Pass %||Boys’ pass %||Girls’ pass %|
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), is the most popular board of education in India. It was constituted in the year 1962, for the supervising of secondary and higher secondary i.e class 10th, 12th examination. The main functions of the CBSE board are to provide affiliations to the private and government schools, improving the educational facilities for the holistic development of students, framing policies and rules for the affiliated entities. The board also ensures smooth function of programmes like Adolescent Training, Teaching development and training etc, for the betterment of the student. It also distributes NCERTs and constructs curriculum for the classes.
FAQ’s for CBSE 12th Result 2021
Ans 1. The board has announced the exact date for the declaration of class 12th result 2021. However, it is expected that the result shall be out before July 31. Stay tuned with us to know CBSE 12th result 2021 date.
Ans 2. The result as released online on the board’s official website can be used by the students for information purposes only. Whereas, the original mark sheet for class 12th can be collected by the students from their respective schools a week or two after the declaration of CBSE 12th result 2021. Alternatively, you can also download the digital mark sheet from DigiLocker.
Ans 3. To check CBSE class 12th result 2021 from the board’s official website at cbseresults.nic.in. On the website homepage, click on the link for Senior Secondary Exam Results 2021 and then log in by entering the required details. Click on the submit button ad your result is then available on the screen.
Ans 4. No, this year students shall not get the facility for rechecking of CBSE 12th answer scripts as the result has been prepared using the alternate assessment scheme. However, if you are not satisfied with your result, you may opt to appear for an optional offline examination which shall be held in August 2021.
Ans 5. In case, there is an error or discrepancy in the detail printed on CBSE 12th marksheet, then you must get it corrected by contacting your concerned school authorities.
Ans 6. No, the CBSE class 12th result 2021 will be released for Regular candidates first. The board is conducting examinations for Private candidates from August 16 to September 16, thereafter which their results will be announced by CBSE.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.